Intern / Fellow / Deputy Manager – Technology and Market Validation
Name of Organisation:- Development Alternatives
Position:- Intern / Fellow / Deputy Manager – Technology and Market Validation
Qualification:- Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Renewable Energy/or Equivalent)/ Economics/ Finance or equivalent, with demonstrated research skills. Post graduate with preferably Development Studies/ Climate Change and Sustainability Studies/ Business Administration/ Economics/ Finance would be a plus.
Location:- New Delhi (HQ)
No. of Positions:– 01
Experience:- 0 – 2 years
With an aim to accelerate delivery of basic needs and generate sustainable livelihoods for all, Development Alternatives Group is looking for individuals who can support the team in the development of portfolio for green and inclusive entrepreneurship.
The portfolio is designed to demonstrate, incubate and validate appropriate clean technology innovations and inclusive business models that enable large-scale creation of green jobs. There are a wide range of existing solutions that have potential to empower individuals and communities through creation of jobs, facilitation of social equity and protect environment. Focusing on green technology innovations for energy and waste-based enterprises, the applicant will be responsible for:
- Conducting primary and secondary research of the priority sectors and generating insights, use-cases and industry analyses for internal and external usage.
- Building a pipeline of high impact innovative technologies and solutions based on the readiness level (technological and commercial) assessment framework, and creating opportunities for validation and market development in India.
- Supporting stakeholder management, and planning and implementation of project activities on the ground.
- Supporting work on inclusive entrepreneurship under Enterprise Development thrust area with technology packaging.
- Supporting development of proposals, pitch deck, business development, as well as relevant linkages with actors including funders for business opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial in nature.
- Techno-commercial understanding; Functional knowledge of energy and waste sector in India is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to drive rapid “learn & implement” iterations.
- Able to travel in rural India for at least 10 days a month.
Like the role but your profile doesn’t meet all the requirements?
We thought of letting you know that we love misfits in our team.
Plus points for creativity!